2013-08-04

What's going on with this Google Maps?

I'm positioning two websites with the same keywords. One of them is on a first position from almost a year. Another one can't break through top ten. The phrase is regional so I can see clearly that first site of Google is filled with the results that appear on Google Maps.

However there is always first position [my website] which is showing on the first results just because of positioning, not because of Google Maps. The rest of top ten websites is showing on Maps. Thats why I want to put my another website on GMaps. But I just can't throw the site into it. I was trying almost everything, for example:
  • well-optimized business Google+ account
  • put some profile pictures and site description
  • took care about good users opinions on Google+ [not to mention that opinions have been given from real people, not fake accounts]
  • added website to the business directories of which Google derives the opinions.
As it turned out, that's all that was not enough, since the keyword which I'm positioning is so competitive. When I did brenchmarking of my competitors performance, I realized that they are not only positioning main website but also its Google+ profile!
It's quite bit funny, because it looks like really simple and natural move of positioning the website in the Google Maps, that is the need to positioning Company Google+ profile! So simple, but not intuitive enough for me to figure out the problem much earlier..
..Of course, there could be many reasons. Site with the first position could mislead me [this website consistently appears at the first position in the search, although it Google+ profile has 0! opinions from users].
Anyway, Google+ profile positioning becomes more and more popular, which means that the direction of modern positioning is also changing, so the question is: How Google itself will react for Google+ profile positioning? How their fight will be looks like and when it happens? Surely answers will come out soon..


Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz

Dziękuję Ci za poświęcony czas i pozostawienie komentarza :)